Many government contractors assume that they are immune from sales tax, but that’s rarely the case, and states hungry for revenue are eager to reap the rewards of noncompliance. The rules pertaining to sales tax on government contracts
can be a complex issue for even the most informed contractor, since state laws vary significantly and are changing constantly. Failure to pay can result in significant tax liabilities, so it is an important factor to take into consideration during the contract pricing phase.
Join Aronson LLC’s government contracting tax experts on July 17th for a free webinar that will help you better understand your tax obligations and minimize risks. Attendees will learn what factors to consider when identifying contracts that may create a sales tax obligation and how to properly price contracts upfront to avoid penalties. The panel will discuss:
- General sales tax principles for government transactions
- When there is a collection obligation
- Federal legislation
- Use of exemption and resale certificates
- Sales tax for government construction contracts
- Contracts providing a mix of goods and services
- State variations
- Expansion of the sales tax base to more services
- Proactively considering sales tax issue when pricing contracts
Register today to reserve your spot at this informative online presentation!
Date: July 17, 2013
Location: Via Webex