The St. Elizabeths Campus construction project, consolidation site for the Department of Home Land Security Headquarters, is the Government’s largest building since the Pentagon. Because the building project of this magnitude is so infrequent, General Services Administration (GSA) opened The Opportunities Center to raise awareness about project objectives, employment and business opportunities, and other community benefits. In addition, the Center is designed to act as a community resource where interested parties can access updated information on project progress and doing business with GSA. GSA has also made the Center available to workforce groups and civic organizations for meetings, job fairs and training sessions including:
- Resume Writing Workshop – Training Grounds, Inc. offers a professional resume writing workshop in the Center twice monthly.
- Construction Day – On a monthly basis, a representative from a Clark Construction Group, LLC, a general contractor on-site, provides an overview of the construction, highlighting the skills and qualifications needed to gain employment within the industry.
- Other Job Postings – GSA has offered the local community an area in the Center where they may post other employment opportunities.
- Pre-Apprenticeship Programs
- 8(a) Small Business Training
- Community Outreach Efforts
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Visit www.stelizabethsdevelopment.com for more information.