In the highly regulated environment of government contracting, one misstep can have serious consequences. To paraphrase an old saying: an ounce of compliance is worth a pound of cure.
A holistic approach is critical for organizations to successfully address government contract compliance. We have advised over 800 government contractors successfully over the past 35 years—ensuring all comply with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
We not only help contractors meet the requirements, we also recommend and implement practical solutions designed to maximize profitability while minimizing risk.
You won’t waste your time getting our team up to speed on your industry’s challenges.
Each member of our consulting group is an experienced government contracting professional with backgrounds in areas such as government accounting, the FAR Part 31 cost principles, business systems, and contract and subcontract management. They know first-hand the challenges you face and the type of assistance that would be most helpful to you.
Our team works side by side in our DC Metro office, enabling routine interaction. While a client may be working with one consultant, they have ready access to our entire team’s expertise.
We have the technical and industry expertise to assist you in every area of government contract compliance.
We help federal contractors understand their overall compliance environments. The first critical step in this process is to prepare a custom compliance assessment. We accomplish this by:
- Reviewing your government contracts and summarizing all regulatory, administrative, and legal requirements in plain English
- Performing a gap analysis to determine whether all requirements are being met
- Providing/implementing a “get well” plan for any requirements that are not being met
Critical Business Systems
We can review and help you implement any changes needed for all critical business systems including:
- Material management and accounting
- Earned value management
- Government property
Our experts can help you ensure not only financial management systems compliance, but also overall efficiency. We review all systems including:
- Adequate accounting system (SF 1408 reviews)
- Billing systems
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Indirect rate structure and budgets
- Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS) and audits
Let us help you with the complex rigors of government proposal submission. Our experts can assist you in all areas including:
- Reviewing the RFP and preparing a risk assessment
- Developing detailed, annotated volume outlines, and compliance matrices
- Preparing subcontractor RFPs
- Drafting the cost narrative
- Developing and supporting bid rates
- Reviewing representations and certifications
- Providing “Red Team” reviews
- Supporting the cost proposal audit, clarifications and deficiencies, and negotiations
Once your organization is in compliance, and you have submitted and won a bid, we can help you ensure that your contract is managed professionally and in compliance with all regulations. Our services include:
- Preparing contract briefs
- Establishing and maintaining contract files
- Interpreting and explaining contract terms
- Reviewing contract modifications
- Negotiating with the contracting officer or prime contractors
- Drafting correspondence
- Administering subcontracts
- Developing standard agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, subcontracts, and consulting agreements
- Reviewing and negotiating agreements sent to you by other firms
- Preparing requests for equitable adjustments or claims
- Drafting contract novations
- Overseeing contract/subcontract close-out activities
No industry is under such constant scrutiny as government contracting. Our expert consultants can assist you with the review and development of an employee code of business conduct and ethics and compliance training.
Service Contract Labor Standards/Davis Bacon Act
Deciphering Service Contract Labor Standards and the Davis Bacon Act can be confusing and constricting. We can help you stay competitive and avoid the stiff penalties of noncompliance.
Most contractors who get into trouble do so out of ignorance of the rules and regulations. Our team is ready to help your business with any training needs.