- This event has passed.
Tom Marcinko, a principal consultant in Aronson’s Government Contract Services Group, hosted a webinar, “The Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) – What You Need to Know,” on July 10th.
An adequate contractor purchasing system is one designed to ensure that purchases are made at fair and reasonable prices and in compliance with the applicable contract terms, regulations, and public laws. The first thing a contractor needs to understand about contractor purchasing systems is what constitutes a purchasing system. Many contractors think a purchasing system is something that can be purchased off the shelf and installed, like a mechanical system. However, a purchasing system is an amalgamation of people, processes, and tools that must work together to achieve the goal of spending taxpayer dollars wisely.
This webinar covered the following important topics for attendees:
- Benefits for contractors that maintain compliant purchasing systems
- When and how the government conducts a CPSR
- Steps contractors can take to prepare for and pass a CPSR
- Tips to prepare for the CPSR
- Summary Criteria – DFARS 222.2444.7001
- How to avoid common issues