- This event has passed.
In today’s competitive M&A environment, successful exits require advance planning and diligent execution. A well-thought-out M&A strategy will enhance your company’s strengths, address weaknesses, and anticipate the expectations of strategic and financial buyers—all of which will contribute to the likelihood of a successful sale.
Our panel of experts discussed the essential roles CEOs and CFOs play in successful exits. At the end of this discussion, attendees had an understanding of how to:
- Assemble an effective M&A advisory team
- Identify roles and expectations for CEOs and CFOs
- Address key financial, accounting, and tax issues
- Identify purchasers and managing the sales process
- Recognize due diligence dos and don’ts
- Optimize your personal balance sheet to prepare for what happens after the sale
- Leverage tax reform legislation and its implications in executing M&A transactions, corporate tax planning, and trust/estate planning.
- Synchronize exit and estate planning to create and develop a wealth and/or legacy plan
- Reduce income taxes now and estate taxes at death by leveraging gifts and trusts
Our speakers included:
- Mario DeLuca, Aronson LLC
- John Ure, Aronson LLC
- Phil McMann, Aronson Capital Partners
- Scott Meza, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Rod von Lipsey, UBS Private Wealth Management
- Nicole Geller, Springer Lawson
4:00 – 4:30 pm – Networking
4:30 – 6:00 pm – Panel/Q&A
6:00 – 7:30 pm – Reception