- This event has passed.
Payal Vadhani, a partner in Aronson’s Risk Advisory Services Group, spoke on a panel of cybersecurity experts at Miles & Stockbridge on Tuesday 3/19.
DFARS Cybersecurity clause 252.204-7012 required compliance with NIST SP 800-171 by 12/31/2017. Issues related to these cybersecurity requirements continue to rapidly evolve but there have been some valuable lessons learned. The panel of cybersecurity experts discussed such topics as:
- How to prepare for and what to expect if a data breach occurs — including timing, remediating the attack, information gathering (forensics), data retention and reporting challenges
- Establishing a cybersecurity framework – protecting your/your customer’s assets is more than checking the box with a SSP and POAM
- Why being proactive is critical to compliance
- Cybersecurity requirements as an evaluation factor in procurements – preparing to identify and use your cyber compliance program as a competitive advantage
- DOD’s increasing emphasis on prime contractor responsibility for lower-tier contractors
- Evolving cybersecurity requirements in sensitive program areas – tracking varying cyber requirements across procuring activities
Gene Schleppenbach – Miles & Stockbridge
Cameron Hamrick – Miles & Stockbridge
Stephen Horvath, Jr. – Telos Corporation
Brad Schulteis – Rackspace
For more information, please contact Payal.Register