- This event has passed.
This is one acquisition (of knowledge) you won’t want to miss.
A Day of M&A with Aronson
September 14, 2022
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
Thank you for your interest in A Day of M&A! A Day of M&A 2022 registration is now closed. Please look forward to seeing our event recap in the coming days. This conference was a day of thought leadership and connection building with fellow government contract industry professionals. Hosted by Aronson, a nationally ranked Top 100 accounting firm, this one-day conference will offer a deep dive into all things Mergers & Acquisitions.
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM – Registration and Breakfast
8:30 AM – 8:45 AM – Welcome Remarks
- Speaker: Jim Fennel, Partner, Government Contract Services Group, Aronson
8:45 AM – 10:00 AM – Keynote Session
- Speakers: Kevin Robbins, Co-Founder, Blue Delta Partners | Morgan Higgins, Principal, Blue Delta Partners
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM – Networking Break
10:15 AM – 11:30 AM – Session 1: What Do I Need to Do or Prepare as a Buyer or Seller?
- Moderator: Kim Pack, CEO, Wolf Den Associates
- Speakers: Joe Humphries, Market Executive, Atlantic Union Bank | Stuart Lawson, Managing Partner, Springer Lawson & Associates | Nicole Islinger, Partner, Pillsbury | Mehdi Cherqaoui, President, ACT1
11:30 PM – 12:45 PM – Lunch and Networking
12:45 PM – 2:00 PM – Session 2: Financial Due Diligence: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
- Speakers: Bill Foote, Partner, Financial Advisory Services Group, Aronson | Barry Rieger, Director, Financial Advisory Services Group, Aronson
2:00 PM – 2:15 PM – Networking Break
2:15 PM – 3:30 PM – Session 3: Anatomy of a Transaction
- Moderator: Jim Fennel, Partner, Government Contract Services Group, Aronson
- Speakers: Doug Gilbert, Partner, DFW Capital | Robert E. Lohfeld Jr., CEO, Sev1Tech | Marc Marlin, Managing Director, KippsDeSanto & Co.
3:30 PM – 5:00 PM – Closing Remarks & Happy Hour + Networking Reception
Thank you to our Sponsors!
- Tribridge Partners
- Atlantic Union Bank
- Wolf Den Associates
- University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
About Our Sessions
Session 1: What Do I Need to Do or Prepare as a Buyer or Seller?
Join experts from all aspects of M&A transactions as they discuss the current dynamics of the market and how both buyers and sellers should prepare accordingly. Additionally, learn about new laws and regulations that companies should consider in today’s M&A environment.
- How to increase your value as a seller
- Lessons learned as a buyer
- Overall best practices when it comes to M&A transactions
Session 2: Financial Due Diligence: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
Join members of Aronson’s Transaction Advisory team as they discuss M&A financial due diligence considerations for Government Contractors. Bill Foote and Barry Rieger will share their perspectives on navigating financial due diligence and the importance of the “Quality of Earnings” analysis for decision makers.
- Learn the who-what-when-where-why-how of financial due diligence
- Understand the most common items impacting a Quality of Earnings analysis for government contractors
- Come away with real world insights relevant to M&A decision making
Session 3: Anatomy of a Transaction
On this panel, experts will be discussing four of the critical milestones in a transaction. The panelists will cover topics from when the right time to go to market is, to what defines a successful transaction. You will hear a wide range of perspectives, from a sponsor company, an acquisitive government contractor, and an investment banker. The session will conclude with an open forum Q&A.Register