- This event has passed.
In this CPE-eligible, half-day conference, our Aronson government contracting experts discussed the current hot-topic issues affecting government contractors. What steps has your company taken to prepare for the new revenue recognition standard? Are you up-to-date on the latest tax updates? Are you looking for some best practices on budgeting and managing cost type contracts? If you have recently converted to a new accounting software, what does that mean in terms of having an adequate accounting system?
Our annual fall conference provided insightful analysis and commentary that prepared attendees for the upcoming year. In government contracting, the stakes are high. Start Fiscal Year 2019 off strong and don’t miss out on your chance to attend the premier conference event of the year!
At the end of the day, attendees received practical advice and expert insights on today’s crucial topics, including:
- ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Managing cost type contracts
- Adequate accounting systems
7:00-8:00 a.m. Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
8:00 a.m. Opening Remarks
11:05-11:55 a.m. Session 4: Tax Reform Updates with Mario DeLuca
11:55 a.m. Closing Remarks
12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch and “one-on-one” time with our experts
- Illustrate how ASC 606 will affect your financial statements
- Describe the importance of implementation now and not later and the potential impacts on organizations
- Plan on how to advise clients on the significance of the new standard, including their next steps and the expectations for FY19
- Explain how direct and indirect costs are reimbursed
- Discuss the “Paid-to-Cost” rule and the limitations of Cost-and-Funds clauses
- Name compliance requirements that come up with cost-type contracts
- Define a Pre-Award Accounting System review
- Determine when and why you would need an adequate accounting system
- Contrast differences between being prime versus subcontractor
- Explain Qualified Business Income and the new deduction
- Describe the new limitation on the Interest Expense deduction for large taxpayers
- Discuss other individual tax changes that may significantly impact owners of government contractors if their entities are structured as S-corporations or partnerships
7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102
This program is $125 for clients and $165 for non-clients. Please register through Eventbrite.
Advanced Preparation: None
Refunds / Cancellation
We ask that cancellations be sent at least 7 days in advance to free up seats for those on our waiting list.
For more information regarding questions, concerns, complaints and/or program cancellation policies, please contact Aronson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn 4 CPE Credits
Program Level: Basic/Update
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge, Tax, and Accounting
Yellow Book: No
Aronson LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org
Exclusive event for Government Contractors only. Not open to Vendors.