Essential GSA Contract Documents and Where to Find Them

January 23, 2013

If you hold a Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Contract with GSA, it
is important to understand what contract documents you need and where you can find them. Maintaining complete documentation of your GSA contract is necessary to remain successful, especially when negotiating with the government and during Contractor Assistance Visits (CAV).

During your CAV, the Industrial Operations Analyst (IOA) will be looking for specific contract documents. It is best to have hard copies of these important documents on hand, as well as electronic copies for back up. You will have trouble achieving the highest grade of ‘Excellent’ on your CAV report card if you are not able to produce these documents. If you do not have a comprehensive contract file, start gathering documents now to ensure success with your contract going forward.

Documents You Need:

  • Standard Form (SF) 1449: This is the contract award document that is signed by an authorized negotiator in your company and the Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO). This document includes the Final Proposal Revision (FPR) which summarizes the final negotiated pricing and terms and conditions of your MAS contract. It also includes the contract solicitation, approved contract pricing, and a subcontracting plan if it applies.
  • Contract Modifications:
    • GSA-Initiated Modifications- Once or twice a year, GSA initiates mass mandatory modifications that contain changes to the terms and conditions in the contract solicitation. These modifications are processed through the Vendor Support Center.
    • Contractor-Initiated Modifications- These can be administrative or legal changes, pricing changes including increases and decreases, as well as changes to product and service offerings such as adding or deleting products and services. These modifications are processed through eMod.
  • Any certification (annual re-certification included) completed through System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is the replacement for Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA).

Where to Find Them:

If your contract was awarded through eOffer, you should be able to find most of the essential contract award documents at You will need to sign in with your digital certificate under System Access, Contract Offers (eOffers) on the right-hand side. Once you have signed in, enter your DUNs number to see your contract documents. Signing in under Contract Modifications (eMods) will give you access to contract renewals and modifications completed in eMod. If your contract was not awarded through eOffer, you will need to contact your PCO to obtain your contract documents, including modifications not processed through eMod.

Mandatory or mass modifications can be accessed through the Vendor Support Center. These modification documents can be lengthy, so it is recommended that you download the entire package, but print only the first page containing the modification number, contractor signature, and Government signature for your records. Visit to access any certifications that have been completed through SAM.

For more information, please visit: