Awards season is officially in swing and Aronson has had a busy month! This June, the firm received honors from The Washington Post as a “Top Workplace” and the Washington Business Journal as a “Best Place to Work.” We were also recognized as a finalist at the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards for our volunteerism in the community. These awards show our ongoing commitment to fostering a welcoming environment #whereeverybeancounts. To better understand what we mean, check out our #whereeverybeancounts video that premiered at The Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award ceremony!
Aronson was ranked third of 60 businesses in the mid-size company category of The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” award. Aronson was the only accounting firm to receive a top three ranking in its category. 2016 also marks the sixth year that Aronson has received the Washington Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award since 2007.
What makes Aronson one of the best places to work in the DC area? And how do we attract and retain top talent? We were recognized for a few reasons, including:
- Summer Fridays: As one of our favorite perks, we close the office early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Our team members deserve it after putting in hard work during busy season.
- Catered Meals During Busy Season: Busy Season is the most challenging time for our team members. We provide delicious snacks, meals, and “survival kits” to support our team during those busy days!
- Town Halls: Through our quarterly town halls, we foster openness and accessibility. The topics of the town hall meetings vary from recapping on a successful busy season to unveiling our refreshed branding, but we always capture the meeting with a firm-wide selfie by the Managing Partner.
- Rest & Relaxation Week: During R&R week, team members enjoy a week of activities designed to get employees focused on their health and wellness following a long busy season. Activities include our annual health fair, fitness challenges, group walks, and more.
- Community Enrichment Program: We provide paid time off (PTO) hours for volunteering through our Community Enrichment Program. Our team members take advantage of this program by planning team volunteer events, serving on Boards of nonprofit organizations, and participating in charity events in our office.
- Aronson Foundation & Denim Fridays: Since 2004, the Aronson Foundation has given more than $1.4M to causes near and dear to our team members’ hearts. We raise money for the Aronson Foundation in a number of ways including Denim Fridays, where our team members donate to the Charity of the Month in exchange for wearing denim on Fridays.
If you are interested in joining our award-winning team, check out our current open positions or contact Kevin Gerrity, Director of Recruiting, at 301.231.6200. If you’re interested in learning more about our wide range of professional service offerings, reach out to Angie Collier, Director of Business Development, at 301.231.6200 today!