Patrick M. Deane, JD, MBA, LLM, is a manager in Aronson’s Tax Services Group’s tax controversy practice. With nearly 10 years of professional experience, Patrick represents clients in a broad range of tax controversy matters. His expertise encompasses advising clients on all aspects of tax audits and controversies with the IRS and state tax authorities. His skills have been imperative to the development and negotiation of numerous successful resolutions during the audit and appeals processes, as well as the development of strategies to mitigate potential audit risk. Patrick’s experience also includes assisting clients on a broad range of state, local, and multi-state tax issues, involving income, franchise, sales and use, and property taxes.
Patrick exhibits his commitment to leadership by mentoring his fellow Aronson team members to their fullest potential, which is exemplified by his in-firm tax training programs for existing Aronson team members and new hires. In his spare time, Patrick serves as an ice hockey coach to various youth teams including his alma mater Bishop Ireton High School in Alexandria, Virginia.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- District of Columbia Bar: Member
- Virginia State Bar: Member
- Rutgers University: Juris Doctorate
- Rutgers University: Masters of Business Administration, with Honors
- Temple University: Master of Laws in Taxation and Certificate in Estate Planning
- University of Connecticut: Bachelors of Science in Accounting