Carol Barnard, CPA, CFE, MBA, is a senior manager in Aronson’s Nonprofit and Association Industry Services Group. With more than 15 years of public accounting experience, Carol has focused her career exclusively on nonprofit audit and accounting issues, including federal funding and related Single Audit requirements, compliance issues, and the changes brought about by Uniform Guidance.
As an active thought leader within the nonprofit industry, Carol continuously shares her expertise through nationally broadcasted webinars, internal training sessions, and other speaking opportunities. She has led various webinars on topics such as “The Updated Basics of Federal Grant Compliance,” “Allocating Direct and Indirect Costs for Nonprofits,” and “Nonprofit Compliance: Winning Strategies for a Successful Audit.” Additionally, she has co-presented a breakout session at the Greater Washington Society of CPAs 2017 Annual Nonprofit Symposium entitled “Fraud Considerations in Nonprofit Organizations.” Carol is also the editor of Aronson's Nonprofit Report blog.
Carol is a CPA licensed in Virginia and Maryland. She earned her MBA in Accounting in 2003 and her Certified Fraud Examiner designation in 2012.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners: Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Member
- The Financial Management Handbook for Associations and Nonprofits, by the American Society of Association Executives: Contributing Author and Editor
- University of Phoenix: Masters of Business Administration, with a specialization in Accounting
- The University of Georgia: Bachelors of Fine Arts