B. Steven Purdy, CPA, ABV, is a highly experienced senior manager in Aronson’s Financial Advisory Services Group with over 10 years of industry experience. Steve focuses his expertise on valuing privately owned businesses and delivering his independent qualified opinions on highly complex financial dispute matters that require articulate explanation in mediations, negotiations, and the courts of D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
Typical matters in which Steve has been engaged to advise on include forensic accounting, business valuation, asset tracing, deal contingencies, income tax scenarios, alimony support scenarios, and review of opposing expert reports on any of these matters.
In 2017, Steve was named to the Top 40 Under 40 list by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) and the Consultants' Training Institute (CTI). The 40 Under Forty program was designed to recognize professionals for their accomplishment in the field and within their communities.
Prior to joining Aronson, Steve spent over 10 years with both “Big 4” and regional accounting firms in which he specialized in income tax research, planning, and compliance for businesses and individuals. Steve’s client relationships have led to consulting opportunities in which he assisted clients grow their businesses in ways they could not do on their own.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Forensic and Valuation Services Section: Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Tax Section: Member
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts: Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Member
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants: Member
- Heart & Homes for Youth: Treasurer of Executive Committee and Active Board Member
- James Madison University: Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting